The Modular Education Program for Activity Professionals (MEPAP) is the required curriculum for NCCAP Certification. The MEPAP was created by the National Association of Activity Professionals (NAAP) as the only accepted curriculum required to attain the knowledge and skills to meet the Professional Standards of Practice of the Activity Profession.
The Learning Objectives and Competencies of the MEPAP are validated by academic and healthcare experts and reviewed regularly by NCCAP’s independent Clinical and Curriculum Advisory Board. The MEPAP is a two-part course of 180 hours each that includes both study and practicum. Due to the absence of mandatory State licensing for the Activity Profession, the MEPAP is required to earn NCCAP certification and meet the Professional Standards of Practice for the Activity Profession. NCCAP maintains an Allied Health Professional Track and an Experiential Track for certification that does not require the MEPAP and thereby fulfils credentialing requirements of NCCA, ICE and ANSI.
- MEPAP 1: Prepares students for the essential functions and duties of an Activity Professional.
- MEPAP 2: Prepares students to apply principles of management in their role as an Activity Director.
- MEPAP courses are offered nationwide by Instructors who complete rigorous training and undergo a peer-review process. Future Focus Inc., Joan Marie Granato is an approved instructor. This ensures students receive the highest knowledge and skills and are prepared to take the National Certification Exam administered by the independent testing company Prometric, Inc.
Since 1986, NCCAP has trained and certified over 150,000 individuals in person-centered care using the Social Model of Care. Our certifications are designed to ensure care providers possess the competencies to meet Federal and State regulations. NCCAP offers 4 levels of Professional Certification:
- Activity Professional Apprentice Certified (APAC)
- Activity Professional Certified (APC)
- Activity Director Certified (ADC)
- Activity Consultant Certified (ACC)
NCCAP Certified Professionals can receive specializations that indicate advanced studies related to engagement and person-centered care in the following areas:
- ADULT DAY SERVICES
- ASSISTED LIVING
- HOME CARE
- MEMORY CARE
- PERSON-CENTERED CARE
CONTACT US NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION