Joan Marie Granato is the President of Future Focus, Inc., Creative Health Care Consultants.
Her company provides an array of Health Care Consulting services, educational experiences and development and implementation of new facilities throughout the Tri-State Area.
She has received her Bachelors degree in Recreation Administration with a minor in Psychology from Kean University. She furthered her studies in Therapeutic Recreation at New York University.
She is also trained by A.L.T.A., as an Assisted Living Administrator and is a Certified NCCAP National Trainer for the MEPAP Part I: Basic Education Course and MEPAP Part II: Advanced Management Course.
As a National Advocate for Adult Day Services, Joan Marie has provided presentations to Congressmen, Assemblymen, Senators and their Staffers in Washington where she assisted in organizing a National Political March representing the United States. She continues her advocacy at the local levels with County Representatives, Mayors, Zoning Boards and Leaders in regards to Adult Day Services.
EXECUTIVE BOARD POSITIONS
- President: Future Focus Inc. (Creative Health Care Consultants)
- President: New Jersey Adult Medical Day Care Center
- President: Town Square Adult Medical Day Care Center
- Board Member: (Membership Chair) NADSA (National Adult Day Service Association)
- Founding Member: Quality of Life Alliance
- Executive Board, Recording Secretary: NJAPA
- Past President: NJADSA (New Jersey Adult Day Service Association)
- Professional Development Committee Member: NJAPA
- President: R.A.P.A
- Professional Education Committee Member: NJACA
- Past Board Executive for the New York Head Injury Foundation
- C.T.R.S. Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
- C.L.A. Certified Leisure Associate
- C.R.A. Certified Recreation Administrator
- C.C.C.I. Certified Chi Chair Instructor
Consultation Experience in the following populations:
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Nursing Home, Long Term Care Institutions
- Adult Medical and Social Day Care Centers
- Retirement Communities
- Senior Centers
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Developmental Disabilities
- Psychiatric Population
- Substance Abuse and Addictive Disorders for Teen and Adults
- Corporate Training on Management
Presentations: As a speaker, she had delivered presentations for the following:
- March on Washington, NADSA
- New York State Department of Health and Senior Services
- National Adult Day Service Association, Washington
- New Jersey Adult Day Service Association
- Kean University
- New Jersey Recreation and Parks Association
- The NJ/Eastern PA TR Association
- The Alzheimer’s Association
- The New Jersey Activity Professionals Association
- The Goldfarb Institute
- New Jersey Activities Coordinators Association
- Mid Eastern Symposium in Atlantic City
- Regional Activity Professional Association and other various Health Care Organizations.
Work History: Consultation
- ADULT DAY CARE CENTERS:
Life, New Jersey Adult Medical Day Care Center, Newark, NJ
Grace Social Day Care Center, NY
Circle of Friends, Social Day Care, Brooklyn, NY
Town Square Adult Medical Day Care Center, Elizabeth, NJ
Hudson View Adult Medical Day Care Center, North Bergen, NJ
Elite Adult Medical Day Care Center, Jersey City, NJ
Salem Adult Medical Day Care Center, Salem, NJ
Focus Adult Medical Day Care Center, Bayonne, NJ
Serenity Gardens, New Jersey Adult Medical Day Care Center, Fair Lawn, NJ
AWCA Adult Medical Day Care Center, Teaneck, NJ
Golden Path Adult Day Health Services, North Brunswick NJ
Care Star Adult Medical Day Care Center, Paterson NJ
Ivy Hill Adult Medical Day Care, Newark NJ
Birchwood Adult Medical Day Centers, East Orange NJ
Circle of Life Adult Day Centers
Five Star Adult Medical Day Care Center, Linden NJ
Advanced International Adult Medical Day Care Center, Jersey City NJ
Health Guard Adult Day Health Care, Roselle, NJ
Forever Young Adult Medical Day Care Center, Philadelphia, PA
Sun Flower Adult Medical Day Care Center, Bayonne, NJ
Club Medical, Fairlawn, NJ
Sweet Home Adult Day Care Center, Clifton, NJ
Adult Care Day Care Center, Union City, NJ
Just Home Adult Medical Day Care Center, East Brunswick, NJ
Broadway Adult Medical Day Care Center, Fairlawn, NJ
Long Life Adult Medical Day Care Center, North NJ
Parkway Manor Adult Medical Day Care Center, Bloomfield NJ
Bayonne Hospital Adult Day Center, Bayonne, NJ
- HEALTH CARE FACILITIES:
Alzheimer’s Association, Parsippany, NJ
Englewood Manor, Livingston, NJ
Rahway Geriatrics Center, Rahway, NJ
Castle Hill Health Care Center, Union City, NJ
Discovery Institute for Addictive Disorders, Marlboro, NJ
Elizabeth General Hospital Substance Abuse Addictive Disorders, Elizabeth NJ
Village Center For Care, New York New York
Harbor View Health Care Center, Jersey City NJ
Palisades Nursing Center, Guttenberg, NJ
Teaneck Nursing Center, Teaneck NJ
Jewish Home and Hospital, Jersey City, NJ
PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
- Grant Writing and Dissemination:
Throughout Joan Marie’s career she has researched, developed, initiated and carried through many grants for different non-profit facilities. She has received (2) $250.000.00 grants in New York City and 3 (100.000.00) grants, and many grants in the range of $5,000 – $50,000. As the grant manager, she would make identified grant matches, speak directly to the grantees, write the comprehensive grant, develop a target project and implement the operations to integrate the grant into the facility structure. She would develop teams, train managers and educated family, residents and staff about the grant.
- Grant Writing: Developed, designed and implemented:
The Night Club 250K
Standing In Motion 250K
Like Being Home 150K
Outside In 60K
Medicare Part D 24K
Community Entertainment Program 20K
- Tri-Level Marketing Program:
Development a comprehensive Tri Level Marketing Program established to create a client base and assist in gaining positive recognition, awareness and relationships within the communities. There are a multitude of components and sub-divisions of each Phase that are a part of the greater design and details of the Strategic Tri-Level Marketing Plan.
- Expert Witness:
As an expert and advocate of the Adult Day Care Industry I have served as an expert witness in the court of law between facilities in order to bring justice and awareness of the industry, standards, policy and procedures and regulations, both State and Federal.
- Alzheimer’s Consultant, Educator and Book Writer:
Lead Consultant for the At Home With The Arts Program: In House Therapeutic Recreation and Education Program for Caregivers and Alzheimer’s Victims. Created a Resource book for professionals.
- Dissertation completed by Dr. Fran Daly of Kean University:
for the At Home with The Arts Program using myself as the lead therapist in compiling analytical data and research in regards to this program.
- National Instructor for M.E.P.A.P.:
Modular Education Program for Activity Professionals. There are only 3 in New Jersey that are certified as instructors. Provide training programs for certifying Activity Professionals by NCCAP
- Snoozelen Programs:
Design and develop multi-sensory environments for stimulation and solace for developmental disabilities, Alzheimer’s, dementia and psychiatric populations.
Through her contributions in development and publication of various manuals, books, videos, research reports and documentaries, she has proven to be an advocate for the advancement of the profession.
Her philosophy of work is distinguished by her dedication to the Health Care Industry in helping people and in providing quality service. Her philosophy of life is reflective of our professional outlook and the pursuit of finding strength in the mind, body and spirit.